Vimy : Commemorations in which France is participating
For immediate release
OTTAWA, April 4th, 2007– The Embassy of France in Canada would like to provide the media with the list of commemorations in which representatives of the French government are participating :
April 5th, 2007:
- Ottawa : National Arts Centre : Reading of soldiers’ letters. Ambassador of France in Canada, Mr. Daniel Jouanneau, as well as other French representatives will be attending (2:30 p.m.).
April 9th, 2007 :
- Ottawa : Unknown Soldier Monument: Ceremony which the Ambassador of France in Canada will be attending, with students from Lycée Claudel aud the Governor General (11:00 a.m.).
- Toronto : Queen’s Park : Ceremony which the Consul General of France in Toronto, Mr. Philippe Delacroix, will be attending. (9:45a.m.).
- Toronto : Commemorative evening event, collaboration between the Alliance française and the Culture department of Toronto
- Regina : Wreath laying in the name of France
- Edmonton : National Assembly of Alberta: Ceremony in which a thank you letter from the Ambassador will be read.
April 14th, 2007 :
- Québec : Citadelle : Ceremony which Mr. François Alabrune, Consul General of France in Quebec, will be attending (11:00 a.m.).
Representatives from the French Government are available for interviews.
Information : Jean-Christophe Fleury, press Counsellor