Opportunity to Participate in the 2013 BioVision Forum
The next Biovision, World Forum on Life Sciences will take place in Lyon from March 25 to March 27, 2013. The conference will host Nobel Prize laureates, top scientists, industrial leaders, political figures, directors of international organizations and NGOs to discuss the latest developments in Life Sciences and their impact on the society.
Program BioVision.Nxt has for the objective to support the next generation of high-calibre scientists. BioVision.Nxt also encourages reflection on the impact Life Sciences have on the society and the ways they contribute to innovative solutions, including in the developing countries. BioVision.Nxt will provide an opportunity to some hundred students in Life Sciences and related fields (health, nutrition, environment), studying at some of the best universities and research centres in the world, to take part in the Forum discussions and to meet the speakers.
The candidate must:
- be a PhD student or a post-doctoral fellow in the following fields:
biology, health, nutrition, environment
- be under the age of 35
- have received a form of funding (bursary, prize, etc.) during his/her studies
- have demonstrated the will to serve the society through his/her involvement in activities outside the university and other additional contributions
Special attention will be given to students who have:
- a strong interest in the multi-disciplinary approach to Life Sciences and in the dialogue linking the sciences and the society
- good communication skills and are able to build networks and provide information
How to apply?
The candidate must complete his application online on the Biovision call for application webpage :
The candidate must also provide the following:
- a CV and a list of publications
- proof of a diploma
- a letter of reference by the researcher who supervised the student’s work
- a cover letter
- a passport-size photo in the jpeg format
- a photocopy of the passport
July 18, 2012