New France/Canada defence agreement [fr]
France and Canada are pursuing expanded defence-oriented cooperation through the signing of a technical agreement that establishes the Franco-Canadian Defence Cooperation Council.
This agreement will expand dialogue between our two countries by addressing a number of priority issues:
• Maintenance of longstanding relations of essential importance to the security of the two countries and to their ongoing commitment to NATO;
• Intensification of dialogue about strategic and operational issues;
• Cooperation with regard to capacity development;
• Establishment of concrete and sustainable connections with regard to mutual operational support; and
• Improvement of defense equipment and expanded relations in the field of research & development.