G20/G8 : Press conference of Mr Nicolas Sarkozy [fr]
Press Conference to present the presidency of the G20 and G8 (Elysée Palace – Monday, 24 January 2011)
Prime Minister, Dear François,
This is the first time that the diplomatic corps has been invited to a press conference and, as this event
coincides with the period of new year’s wishes in France, I would first like, Most Reverend
Excellency, Ambassadors, to ask you to pass on France’s warm wishes to your Heads of State and
Government and, naturally, through them, to the peoples they represent.
I would also like to present to you, Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, my best wishes for 2011, for a
year full of news, but also I wish you a year full of happiness and success. Read...
1. Coordinating economic policies and reducing global macroeconomic imbalances
2. Strengthening financial regulation
3. Reforming the International Monetary System (IMS)
4. Combating commodity price volatility
5. Improving global governance
6. Working on behalf of development