French Minister of Justice visited Canada
Christiane Taubira, Minister of Justice and Keeper of the Seals, visited Canada on April 23rd and 24th.
On the agenda:
- Bilateral meeting with Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney, then with Justice Minister Peter McKay;
- Visit to La Macaza penitentiary;
- Bilateral meeting with Québec Justice Minister Stéphanie Vallée;
- Visit to the Human Rights Tribunal;
- Youth Division of the Court of Québec – mock hearing with students involved in the experimental LEAD program. Discussion with students, teaching staff, prosecutors, and judges involved in the program;
- Conference at Université de Montréal – subject: “Individual freedoms and the fight against terrorism”
- Dematerialization of justice – Presentation of the Université de Montréal’s Cyberjustice Laboratory
The primary topics to be addressed will be the balance between respecting personal freedoms and fighting terrorism and the fight against radicalization.
Conference by Christiane Taubira, French Minister of Justice and Keeper of the Seals: “Civil liberties and the fight against terrorism”
Université de Montréal Cyberjustice Laboratory – April 24, 2015