Do you have dual French-Canadian citizenship? Are you coming to Canada? What you need to know #eTACanada [fr]

NOTE: If you have dual Franco-Canadian citizenship, this message applies to you.

New rules for entry into Canada – Message for people with Franco-Canadian dual citizenship
As of March 15th, 2016, Canada adopted new rules for entry into Canada.


NOTE: Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

As of March 15th, 2016, French people who wish to travel to Canada must apply for a visa.

People with dual (French/Canadian) nationality and permanent residents of Canada are exempt from these visa requirements, but they must hold a valid Canadian passport or a valid permanent resident card.

Travelers holding a valid Canadian visa (study, work) are not required to request an eTA.

More information is available on the Government of Canada website::


Last modified on 20/08/2018

top of the page